I am running this week for a position on the University of Arkansas Staff Senate. The online balloting ends Monday, May 6. If you are a U of A staff member, you may choose to vote for me, and the following 150-word statement I was asked to submit just might sway you!
As a longtime volunteer, I enjoy giving back. Working at the University of Arkansas these three years has been so satisfying this is an opportunity to return the favor. On the Staff Senate, I’d like to increase the body’s visibility through the year. That’s not just special events but would work toward an ongoing, transparent presence on campus.
- Fort Smith native, 3rd-generation Arkie
- Bachelor’s, Communication, Stanford University
- Master’s, Journalism, University of Arkansas, 2003
- Earlier career: newspaper editor/designer, reporter, columnist
- Current job: Webmaster for the College of Education & Health Professions since mid-2016; previously 2014-15 instructor with the Journalism faculty/Ethics Center
- Treasurer, National Society of Newspaper Columnists Education Foundation
- Recording Secretary & Communication Director, Arkansas 965
- Planning committee, WordCamp Fayetteville, teacher of WordPress 101
- Board member, Ozark Poets & Writers Collective
- Also: Compassion Fayetteville, Canopy NWA, Tibetan Cultural Institute of Arkansas, Temple Shalom, NWA Pride Band
So check your @uark.edu emailbox for for a message like this: